Changes 2002, August 16th till Dec 31st
Tue Dec 31, 2002
better portability (gtksplash.c)
enhance export postscript / pdf
add some #ifdefs to compile without GUI (gnubg.c)
Sat Dec 28, 2002
and luck analysis on the same line instead of multiple lines (annotation)
don't show cube skill for MOVE_NORMAL
if it's not possible to double (annotation)
use usleep instead of sleep (splash)
highlight current score in match equity table
gnubg.gtkrc: new styles for match equity table.
- display chequer skill, cube skill,
Fri Dec 27, 2002
- sort Player Records case-insensitively
- fix Export HTMLImages (ProgressEnd)
- add splash screen
- new file (gtksplash.c)
Thu Dec 26, 2002
doesn't have a "changed" signal before GTK 2.0.
Wed Dec 25, 2002
output position ID,
match ID and pip counts (postscript)
avoid wrong analysis of beavers and raccoons
- commands for clearing analysis
- new commands "analyse clear [move, game, match, session].
- add new commands to analysis menu.
- output header before each move,
(gnubg will still give wrong analysis of the take decision
after a raccoon, but otherwise it'll say "Cannot analyse...")
Tue Dec 24, 2002
and GTK+ 2.0.x.
minor changes for GTK+ 1.2.x compatibility.(gtkcolour.c)
bug in eval.c
- define more fonts (postscript)
- add match info to output (postscript)
- configure.in: Detect gtkextra-2.0.
- Makefile.am: Use gtkextra flags, as appropriate.
- gtkmet.c: Various changes to support gtkextra under both GTK+ 1.2.x
Mon Dec 23, 2002
add a couple of designs (boards.xml)
generalise reduced evaluations to other than 2-ply, and introduce 25% and
introduce "reduced" list of all rolls and
handle new reductions.
fixed: bug in the loop over rolls
small correction in calculation
of nEvalContext as nReduced is now 3 bit.
use option menu for reductions instead
of check box.
gtkcolour.c: New file. Small colour selection widget which pops
up a full colour selection dialogue when needed.
Show a preview
of the board in most notebook pages.
- generate quasi-random dice for initial
Sun Dec 22, 2002
- deal with locateMove not finding the move
- remove ProgressThrottle if HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY is not defined
- improve widget for showing match equity tables.
- gtkmet.c: new file.
Sat Dec 21, 2002
- throttle progress
updates, so we can spend more time progressing and less time updating.
- #include <unistd.h> ( htmlimages)
- merge eval and hint settings into one dialog
- first iteration of predefined movefilters.
- call locateMove when copying stored movelist into
a movenormal struct. Hopefully that should fix problem
- check for duplicate dances.
- support for automatic doubles in SGG.
Fri Dec 20, 2002
- ensure that dice position for
unrolled dice doesn't interfere with board (export png)
- new function. Allow selection of
cube values up to 4096.
- reduce the size of the small cube face
font (it looked bad at size 4).
- new file. Add "export htmlimages" command. ( htmlimages.c)
- use default
renderdata when GTK isn't available.
- add default PNG size (4).
- movefilters for rollouts (some stuff was missing in
Thu Dec 19, 2002
import beavers and raccoons correctly (sgg)
add a gratuitous call to
gtk_object_set_user_data, because correct operation of
gtk_object_get_user_data requires at least one
- show PNG size
- cache reads from bearoff databases on disk.
the cache size is fixed to 10k entries for one-sided (~1.2MB)
and 100k entries for two-sided (~0.8MB)
overlap with lib/hash.h
- makebearoff.c: rename hash to xhash to avoid namespace
- bearoff.c (ReadTwoSidedBearoff): cache reads form bearoff databases.
- bearoff.c (ReadBearoffOneSidedExact): total rewrite to avoid
Wed Dec 18, 2002
- the Hint dialog is not modal, make sure that passed
data are static.
- cope with beavers from TrueMoneyGames
- try to cope with duplicate rolls
in SGG files
- don't use 64 bits longs, as some systems can't print them
Tue Dec 17, 2002
- pacify fuzzy compiler
- GUI support for setting PNG size
Mon Dec 16, 2002
- Make sure that "rollout =1 =2" stores results into storedmoves
and make sure that storedmoves are stored in movenormal records
- Output player records in html and text export
- pass luck analysis evalcontext to
- show RNG for quasi-random dice
- Clip drawing at the x- and y-axes to
avoid memory corruption (render)
Sun Dec 15, 2002
- Export positions to PNG
- fix bug in truncation at bearoff
Fri Dec 13, 2002
- Major changes to use the render.c board
drawing code instead of the old gtkboard.c equivalents.
- Remove gdkgetrgb.c.
- Default to a preview of the current board.
- makeweights: add a -f option to avoid problems with
writing binary files to stdout
weights version 0.12a
Thu Dec 12, 2002
- Separate movefilters for evaluation, analysis, rollouts, and players.
- temporarily fix (path.c) to compile makebearoff
Wed Dec 11, 2002
- Remove "translucent=" parameters, and change some
- User defined board designs. Save design, remove design, save designs
- Convert code in FindnSaveBestMoves to use movefilters.
- only print movefilter if chequer play.
Tue Dec 10, 2002
- render.c, render.h: New files. GTK+ independent replacement
rendering functions in gtkboard.c.
- Render preview of boards instead of reading xpm files
- boards.xml: New file (formerly in the boards directory)
- directory \boards no longer needed
Mon Dec 9, 2002
- fix bug in calculation of
luck rates for match play
- fix problem with elevation of 90 deg (appearance)
Sun Dec 8, 2002
- UNTESTED support for databases generated by ExactBearoff
- Improvement generation of two-sided databases.
- new function TSLookup.
- ensure that file sizes are written correctly
to operate on short ints instead of floats.
- remove support for old gnubg.bd
- prepare code for other types
Sat Dec 7, 2002
- Some cleanup (authors, credits)
- add missing files, and make makebearoff installable (Makefile)
- change prototype bearoff.c (BearoffCubeful)
- New strategy for cache misses in makebearoff; this should
make it possible to generated databases larger than the
memory available on the box.
So far only 1-sided bear off databases
- implement reuse of existing bearoff DB (makebearoff)
Fri Dec 6, 2002
- New commands for specifying the evalcontext for luck
- (predesigned boards) apply chequer shape as well.
- (configure) add "ja" to ALL_LINGUAS
- gnubg.c (real_main)
return gettext() strings correctly (real_main in gnubg.c)
Thu Dec 5, 2002
- (configure.in) --enable-bearoff option to control how the
1-sided database will be used.
- read the 1-sided database from
gnubg_os0.bd if the build-in database is unavailable
build with or without build-in db
Wed Dec 4, 2002
- fix use of gcc non ANSI C construct so other
compilers won't complain
- add missing #if (gtkprefs)
- increment pbc->nReads (bearoff.c).
- new command "s c o"
- fix bug leading to
wrong equities in bearoffs.
Tue Dec 3, 2002
- new file: path.c
- fix rollouts with small searchspaces to core
Mon Dec 2, 2002
- correct macro expansion failure (makebearoff1.c)
Sun Dec 1, 2002
- change "Use Design" to "Apply Design"
- Use cubeful bearoff equities in bearoff evaluations.
- fix bug in calculation of cubeful equities (new gnubg_ts0.bd)
Sat Nov 30, 2002
- change check for gnuplot and png* (configure.in)
- avoid polution of namespace (gtkprefs/texi)
- pacify fussy compilers
- do md5 checksum of the built-in database to avoid potential problems
Fre Nov 29, 2002
- Rudimentary support for board designs.
- new dir "boards"
- add -f output file option (to ensure that
the file will be opened in binary mode (makebearoff)
Wed Nov 27, 2002
- Handle resignations from the player not on roll (import)
- If the first seed fails, try a few
- Add tool tips to the navigation
- Make the tool tips meaningful.
- Don't say "trained on 1 positions".
- Mention long seeds, if supported.
- show the match equity table being used.
- minor changes to suppress compiler warnings
Tue Nov 26, 2002
- Detect illegal or pathological states.
- Cope with failure of RollDice() on the initial roll.
- Use more than 32 bits to seed RNGs.
- Allow parameters in "set rng ..." commands beside the
- Accept the .so file name as a parameter (dice.c)
- Implement quasi-random dice using
pseudorandom permutations (rather than simple rotation).
- "set rollout quasirandom" as a synonym for "set
- fix output for truncated rollouts
Mon Nov 25, 2002
- file association (sgf) under
Windows and ability to load matches with white space in the path name
- under FreeBSD, sys/resource.h requires sys/time.h (set.c)
Sun Nov 24, 2002
- Correct typos
- Handle failure of RollDice() on initial
- report no truncation when setting truncation point
in rollouts if the truncation enable flag is off
- Improve GTK+ player record interface.
- Calculate the luck fields based on both
- New race widget with misc counts, one chequer bearoff,
and one sided rollout.
- onechequer.c: new file.
- gtkrace.c: new file.
- fix text of truncation enable message
- Fix some bugs in bearoff code.
- improve gammon
- calculate mean/average (bearoff)
- Enhanced support for bearoff databases.
- - heavily modified bearoff to generate arbitrary bearoff
- - bearoff.c: new file. Bearoff database API for gnubg.
- - makebearoff1.c: generate file br1.c
Sat Nov 23, 2002
- Add locale-independent
formatting and file format versioning to the player record file.
- configure.in: rename DATADIR to _DATADIR to avoid overlap objidl.h
- fix typos.
- (HTML export) add missing -->
Fri Nov 22, 2002
- fix typo
- Convert() terminal I/O to/from GNUBG_CHARSET.
- Remove excess parameter in evalcontext (guile)
- configure.in: Check for <sys/resource.h> and setpriority().
- Generalise "set priority" to POSIX systems.
Wed Nov 20, 2002
- change highlight setting to:
set highlightcolour [light|medium|dark] colour
- includes a custom colour set:
set highlightcolour [light|medium|dark] rrrr gggg bbbb
where rrrr, gggg, bbbb are 0..65535 intensities
Tue Nov 19, 2002
- fix a bug in race bg code.
Mon Nov 18, 2002
- fix handling of setting of plies for late evals
add toggle for truncation pt cube = player 0
default to players being the same settings in
- new command: set highlightcolour (colour blind people)
- remove debug code.
- move position ID/match ID into paragraph.
- fix markup (to improve layout in NS 4.78)
Thu Nov 14, 2002
clockwise movement (html)
- fix typos in CSS.
- make movefilter a global command.
Wed Nov 13, 2002
- Show annotation in html/text export of positions
Tue Nov 12, 2002
- added exact BG race probabilities for
6 checkers or less inside opponent home.
Mon Nov 11, 2002
- Use move filters instead of previous hacks (eval)
Tue Nov 5, 2002
- Change from heuristic to almost perfect
evaluation of gammons in bearoff, using a one sided database for probabilities
bearing off just one chequer.
Sat Nov 2, 2002
- (export text) substitute tabs with spaces
Fri Nov 1, 2002
- add pip counts to text export
Thu Oct 31, 2002
- remove "font: sans-serif" for export to GOL
- New improved rollout settings widget
- new commands "set rollout late ..."
- improve output from ShowRollout.
- new rollout dialog.
- fix typo:
s/cube decision/chequer play/g
Wed Oct 30, 2002
- fix: do not truncate at
bearoff DB if game is already over.
- eval.c: typo. Replace "variance" with "std dev".
Tue Oct 29, 2002
- eval.c: fix in crashed/contact/race net
Mon Oct 28, 2002
- Compressed one-sided bearoff databases.
- New rollout parameters: truncate at bearoff databases.
- write new rollout parameters.
Sun Oct 27, 2002
Sat Oct 26, 2002
- do not complain if .gnubgpr is not
- analysis: Fix some in LuckAnalysis for match play with asymmetric scores.
Also, change luck analysis to be cubeful
- change nTrials from "unsigned short int" to
"unsigned int" to do rollouts with more than 65,000 trials.
- Updates to html/text export of positions.
play.c: add logic for last move.
"* X cannot move" if movelist contains moves.
text, html: make sure that move number is correct.
html: output score.
Thu Oct 24, 2002
- change/add HTML for export GammOnLine
- fix typos (GammOnLine)
Mon Oct 21, 2002
- change "rotate first two rolls" to
"Use rotation for first rolls".
- Export position for BBS.
Currently, it will only export to a file, but in the future it will be
possible to export onto the clipboard.
- New options for the CSS style sheet for HTML Export:
- in <head> (default; current behaviour)
- inline (to be used for gammonline-specific export)
- external (not implemented yet)
- Last iteration of the "set priority" stuff.
- Output cubeless equities independent of Jacoby rule:
Part I: output in cube analysis (text/html/gtk)
- Make OSR code compile.
Fri Oct 18, 2002
- osr.c: new file. OSR code ported from fibs2html.
Wed Oct 16, 2002
- more updates to the priority-stuff (Windows)
Tue Oct 15, 2002
- default settings changed for rollout.
Mon Oct 14, 2002
- Set priorities for Windows version of gnubg.
- fix typos HTML export
Sat Oct 12, 2002
- Make match information optional in exports (text/html).
- new command "set export include matchinfo yes|no".
- Player's colors wrong in html header.
- Parse SGG header and read into matchinfo struct.
Fri Oct 11, 2002
- Accept double by clicking on it.
- don't show negative relative scores.
Thu Oct 10, 2002
- html: fix some typos.
- Another attempt to solve the problem with missing moves
in SGG files.
Wed Oct 9, 2002
- Output match info in text and html export.
- add some keyboard accels.
- show relative pip counts as well.
- show relative match score.
- show analysis in a notebook.
- update /Game/Turn/ menu after
swapping player names.
- new command "export session html".
Mon Oct 7, 2002
- execute "set path xxx <path>"
with <path> instead of filename.
- Update the tooltips on Hint dialog.
- reshuffle boxes below board.
- slight modification of
interpolation formulae used for error rates above 0.03.
Sat Oct 5, 2002
- Gammon percentages working with huge OS database.
- calculate gammon distributions.
- calculate gammon percentages.
Fri Oct 4, 2002
- Initial implementation of huge OS database.
- new parameter n, which is the number of points.
- new evaluation routines for EVAL_BEAROFF_OS
- Fix bugs in Export settings widget
- add double qoutes around filename (Set Path)
analysis for MOVE_DOUBLE.
- rotate rolls at turn 2 and 3
This should ensure dice rotating for up to 1 679 616 trials.
Mon Sep 30, 2002
- (fix) Unlink Player Records before renaming.
Wed Sep 26, 2002
- Reverse point colours for bottom
Wed Sep 25, 2002
- When the match date is known, use that
date in the default filename.
- Load and save extra SGF properties.
- Button 'Set Default Path' also for GTK 1.2/1.3
Tue Sep 24, 2002
- Avoid superfluous board render when starting the first game.
- When moving to next or previous marked move, and the mark is for a chequer
play, show the dice roll.
- Add a button in file
selection widgets setting default paths for each file type
- chequer shape slider now slides
- add `rotate' field to rcRollout and EVALSETUP
Mon Sep 23, 2002
- Fix problem with color names in HTML export.
- change Export HTML
Sun Sep 22, 2002
- swap players
when reading SGG files as the GG client has ourselves
as player 0 instead of player 1.
- pip count was swapped.
- show live cube take point
if redouble possible. Don't show anything if current cube
Thu Sep 19, 2002
- Sort the player record list
- Allow setting dice in edit mode
Wed Sep 18, 2002
- Added "dialogtype" parameter
- (outputerr): New function, replacing perror()
- Record error rates per move, not per game.
- GTK2: Use Pango to render point labels and cube.
Tue Sep 17, 2002
- New. Keep a record of per-player statistics.
- New. View per-player statistics.
Mon Sep 16, 2002
- Added a few toolbar icons.
- New. Correct illegal
- Sort contributors' names case insensitively.
Sun Sep 15, 2002
- Render chequers with a flat top.
- Allow modification of chequer shape.
- fix the "disappearing chequers" problem.
- Predefined board designs (first iteration)
Sat Sep 14, 2002
- Rename some of the ratings:
- Novice -> Beginner, Novice -> Casual Player and introduce new
rating "Awful!" :-)
- Make pip count and position/match IDs optional.
- Added sound effect for a single chequer being moved.
- disable /Game/Roll (Ctrl+R) if computer turn.
Fri Sep 13, 2002
Wed Sep 11, 2002
- Add synthesised sound effects.
- Postpone output until loading commands complete.
- make higher_die_first default to TRUE.
Mon Sep 9, 2002
- Changed layout of main window.
Sun Sep 8, 2002
- Add buttons for 0-4 ply in cube and move widgets.
- Option to rotate first two rolls of rollout.
Fri Sep 6, 2002
- sound: next iteration towards a usable windows version.
Thu Sep 5, 2002
- GTKRollout: 8th column in rollout window to small.
- Play sounds under Windows.
Sun Sep 1, 2002
- Add commands for setting sounds.
- _Untested_ Experimental support for sounds under MS windows.
- configure support for ArtsC and rudimentary configure support for
- configure support for ESD.
- First attempt to integrate sounds into gnubg.
Tue Aug 20, 2002
- Correct variance computation
Sun Aug 18, 2002
- Message = FALSE as default.
- New message window instead of pop-ups.
- save geometry of new windows.
- send multiline output to message window
Fri Aug 16, 2002
- fix swapping of annotation window and game list
- Use exponential interpolation for error rates above 0.030.
- mwc is now 0% <= mwc <= 100%.
- Resize chequer speed range widget.
einni, er mik armi verr