You can get GNU Backgammon precompiled binaries for several systems. Thanks to our downstream maintainers - GNU Backgammon is available on a variety of the latest GNU/Linux
based distributions including Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Mageai, and Fedora. If you can't find packages for your distribution you can build from the sources available through CVS or a tarball.
- Download setup program [1.06.001] for MS Windows XP SP3, Vista, Win7, Win8 or later operating system with approximately 128MB of available RAM.
Apple Mac OS/X 10.5.x and later require the latest version of X11/Xquartz to already be installed to run properly. XQuartz can be downloaded from here. Please see the README1ST file inside the DMG for more installation information.
- 10.12.x (Sierra) currently unsupported as a DMG. Recommnded installation via Macports
- 10.10.x (Yosemite) Intel 64 Bit DMG can be downloaded here. [1.04.000]
- 10.9.x (Mavericks), 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), 10.7.x (Lion) Intel 64Bit, 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) Intel 64Bit DMG can be downloaded here. [1.03.000]
- 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) Intel 32Bit, 10.5.x (Leopard) Intel 32Bit DMG can be downloaded here. [1.03.000]
- 10.5.x (Leopard) PPC, 10.4.x (Tiger) PPC DMG can be downloaded here. [1.03.000]
Older 0.14.3 releases for unsupported OS/X can be found here:
GNU Backgammon is continually being developed. If you find something wrong with the program or have a feature request report them to email@example.com or in the bugtracker. Thanks.